To celebrate or not to celebrate?
Valentine’s Day has never been a big thing for us. I mean if I want chocolate, I just buy it! My fondest memory of celebrating Valentine’s Day was our first one together. It’s a fond memory because it was ridiculous. My hope is this Valentine’s Gift Guide will help you, because a simple gift would have been a much better idea!
Happy First Valentine’s Day…
I don’t even remember how long we had been dating at that point, however for our first Valentine’s Day I wanted to do something special for my man. Well, that turned into me cooking dinner at around 10:00 at night because Jose was working. I decided on bacon wrapped filet and shrimp cocktail. I’ve always been a decent cook, but I was so nervous that night I burned the heck out of my hand on my cast iron pan.
Since I didn’t want him to know I pretended it didn’t happen, set the table
and served the yummiest meal ever. The problem was, it was so uncomfortable we didn’t even know what to say to each other. You see, back then we were grab a plate and curl up on the couch kind of couple. Not sit at table and eat fancy food kind of couple.
At one point my future hubby looked at me and I asked if we could just go
sit on the couch like normal. We laughed and it thankfully did just that. I
wish I would have realized then that a simple gift and a night of cuddles would have been the best first Valentine’s Day ever.
A gift and a cuddle…
Here are some ideas for all the ladies… which is probably you! So, feel free
to forward this on to your special person or just print it and put a sticky
note that says “buy this”.
- Jewelry doesn’t have to be expensive, just meaningful. Check out this wonderful Alex and Ani that will keep you in her thoughts throughout the day: https://www.alexandani.com/true-direction-charm-bangle-rafaelian-gold.html
- For your music loving lady. These beats are probably something she has longed for but didn’t want to spend the money on. Spoil her here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRK9DTA/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i13_d_p0_qd30_____________________pKsEjfafJjfEKmESksPp
- A cozy blanket to cuddle up with makes a great gift for any lady in your life: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DTM4J5J/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i12_d_p0_qd37_____________________hxbeWGSe5xMV24RhV1H1
- A good book about something she is interested in can go a long way, combine it with a cozy blanket and some me time and it’s a win win: https://www.amazon.com/Homebody-Guide-Creating-Spaces-Never/dp/006280197X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=MGK43PX8I9ZO&keywords=homebody+joanna+gaines&qid=1549806070&s=gateway&sprefix=home+body%2Caps%2C362&sr=8-1
- Photo loving ladies will love this fun camera to capture those special moments: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WWLJ7KY/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i13_d_p0_qd4______________________t8p90VOkzwRXznVMBGae
- What woman doesn’t love candles! Find a scent you know she will love not something new that the sales lady recommends. Check out her current stash at home and duplicate it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y6577K6/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i12_d_p0_qd44_____________________DNJsvHvbLZ9VeUw4dOvc
- This is an investment piece for any woman, but many don’t want to spend this much! Depending on your budget, this is the hair dryer of all hair dyers. So I’ll just leave this right here for you: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077WZNKGY/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i7_d_p0_qd17______________________gFEQkBcKnkAJ9nPfBTta
- Your working woman could always use a new laptop case. Make sure you get one that fits her laptop so she doesn’t have to worry about returning it to find the right size: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M273424/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i13_d_p0_qd4______________________mbiaXyB1qnf9qxXtvzpo
- Movie night will always score you brownie points. Make sure to pick something you know she will love: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5EED9Y/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i14_d_p0_qd48_____________________yxKQUzfj2zldrhsxgqp0
- Got a lady whose cell phone battery hovers around 7%? Well here is a simple fix for that: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075WVYBJP/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i13_d_p0_qd31_____________________EqPr6F10hHvDnlZvULJn
- Salt scrubs line up with self care which is so important for the busy lady in your life. Check this one out for a easy add on to a gift or just a stand alone item: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JNC96N6/ref=cm_gf_aHE_i8_d_p0_qd15______________________ToK2J4jzKhPCYFAkj7VV
- Cozy socks are another winner. Let’s be honest, anything cozy will win the heart of your special lady: https://www.amazon.com/CHOWISH-Pairs-Slipper-Winter-Fluffy/dp/B07F8KC7MK/ref=sr_1_27?keywords=cozy+socks&qid=1549809593&s=gateway&sr=8-2
I hope you will find these recommendations helpful! Remember, unless she asks for it a vacuum cleaner is never an appropriate gift. Happy shopping!